Jelly Bean Flowers - Candy Filled Eggs

 
Can you believe that Easter is almost here?  Wow, where has the time gone?!!??  I have a whole bunch of great Easter crafts that I'm planning on making (and sharing), of course this all depends on my munchkin's cooperation and my energy level (baby #2 is due in 6 weeks)!
These Easter decorations and pictures are actually from last year.  It was the 1st year that I hosted Easter at my house and since both my family and my hubby's family were attending, I wanted to make some really pretty table decorations.
Quick & Simple
As soon as I found this centerpiece I knew that I had to make my own!  However, I had to make a few changes.  The original version used real flowers, and since I LOVE jelly beans, I wanted to be able to use (aka eat) them after Easter was over, so I didn't want them to get covered in stinky old flowers and water.

So, I bought some silk flowers and LOTS of jelly beans and started my arrangements.  I made 3 different ones and they turned out beautifully!

I wanted the table to look like spring, so I made sure the flowers were soft but colorful!
 Pink
Yellow
Purple

After finishing the centerpieces I also wanted something cute that I could put on each plate.
 
 
 
I went to Michael's and bought a bunch of tiny pots, next I  wrapped each one in ribbon (which I secured with my glue gun) and then I put little flower and egg stickers on the seams (to cover up where it was glued).  I filled each plastic egg with some candy and Voila!
My table setting turned out really pretty and the best part was that it was also pretty cheap to make! 

HAPPY CRAFTING!!
(to see where I've linked up - click here!!)

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I just love the eggs in the pots! Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just a cute as could be ... saw you over at It's Overflowing ... glad I stopped by and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! love the idea :) I'm a new follower, thanks so much for linking up to Sunday round up! <3
    Kayla =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those jelly beans with flowers!! How colorful! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I want some jelly beans now =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jelly beans are so sweet! Love this idea! Would you be willing to link this up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. You have some cute ideas on your blog. I found you on It's a Blog Party and I am a new follower. Come over and visit me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking table! I love the idea of jelly beans in the vases! They look fantastic!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun idea and so festive! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tiny pots are my favorite! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I read EVERY single comment and your kind words make my day a little brighter! Thanks so much for visiting!

P.S. I {HEART} Followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...