Friday's Fantastic Finds {sewing}


I guess it's FINALLY time... time to break out the sewing machine (that I got over a year ago) and try to finally make something with it!!  My sister gave it to me (since I specifically asked her for it) and every time she comes over she makes a comment about how it's still sitting in the box, in the corner of my living room......  yes I know!! 

As I mentioned last Friday, I've been telling myself for over a year now that I'm going to start sewing, so this week I thought my Fantastic Finds would be dedicated to Easy/Beginner sewing projects!

I found soooo many amazing ideas - hopefully this will be my motivation to finally get that machine out of it's box! :-D

**REMINDER**
I'll be sure to tell you what next weeks theme is (at the bottom of each weeks post), so if you have any suggestions (your personal creations OR anything you saw, tried, loved or just wanted to share), please leave a comment with all the info and a link to what you thought was FANTASTIC!

Also, if you want to PIN anything (which we all love doing), please click on the specific link and PIN from the original site... as they deserve ALL of the credit!  Thanks!
******
 Now, in no particular order - these were some of my fantastic finds from this week :)

easy SEWING projects

As soon as I saw this, I knew that I had to make one.  When my munchkin was a little baby, she LOVED anything and everything with tags.  My first thought was - "this would have been great for her!" then I remembered... DUH, you're pregnant...  baby munchkin will probably love tags as much as her sister did - haha.  So now I'm going to try and make one (or two)!

I love placemats and use them religiously!  When I saw this tutorial I knew that I had to try to make some (plus her photos and instructions were awesome).  Think of all the possibilities, now I can have placemats for every occasion!

Anything to help keep my munchkin clean is Fantastic!  This seemed like such an easy and creative way for kids to be able to store/use their crayons AND stay clean at the same time!

I've seen so many fantastic ideas for creating custom throw pillows, but what I loved about this one was the buttons.  With a husband, toddler (and baby on the way),  our pillows get their fair share of dirty faces, hands and plenty of spills... so it's great that I can just unbutton and throw the cover in the wash!  Plus, I can make a bunch of designs and switch them out as I please... Fantastic!

Who doesn't love totes?  I use them for everything, so I figured it was time for me to stop buying them from places and actually make some of my own.  Plus, getting to pick out the fabric I LIKE is half the fun! :)

next week...
Since next Friday is the day before St. Patrick's Day, I thought it would only be appropriate to celebrate the Leprechauns, Shamrocks, Rainbows and all things green!  So next week's Fantastic Finds will be dedicated to:
St. Patrick's Day Projects! 
Remember, if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment with your info and I'll check it out - THANKS!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my placemats in your fantastic finds!! I am so honored! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I read EVERY single comment and your kind words make my day a little brighter! Thanks so much for visiting!

P.S. I {HEART} Followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...