For those of you who are curious, here is how I made the Giant Flower cupcake :)
- Bake 24 cupcakes (any flavor)
- Once cooled, place cupcakes in groups of 7, then shape them into 3 separate flower petals, use 2 cupcakes for the leaves (1 cupcake will be left over - aka the one you get to eat right now)
- Frost all the cupcakes with one layer of white frosting (I used a basic Cream Cheese Frosting). Place the cupcakes in a cool place (or refrigerator) to let the frosting set/harden a bit.
- While frosting is setting, take additional frosting and start mixing your colors. You'll need 4 colors, I used Green, Brown, Light Pink and Dark Pink, but feel free to use any color combination you wish!
- Using an offset spatula or fondant spreader, carefully spread out the frosting on the OUTER 6 cupcakes - make sure to leave the middle cupcake alone!! Evenly distribute the frosting along all the cupcakes, so that it looks like 1 cupcake instead of six. Repeat with the other 2 flowers.
- Once the frosting has hardened a bit, outline the flowers with another color frosting and add little dots near the center (I used white frosting for that part).
- Frost the middle of each flower with your brown/chocolate frosting.
- Frost the remaining 2 cupcakes with the green frosting.
- For the petals I used fondant that I colored green and then cut out into the shape of a leaf. However, if you don't have fondant on hand you could use: green fruit roll up, apple Airheads rolled out flat, or any sort of gummy candy that can be rolled out flat and cut out with scissors or a knife.
- Use left over frosting to spread down between the leaves - acting as the flower stem.
- Sit back and enjoy your beautiful work of art!
(to see where I link up - click here!!)