Superbowl Party Food

Are you a football fan?

In my house we watch football. 

Okay, I'm lying... I don't watch much football, but my husband watches enough for the both of us! 

By the time Superbowl comes around - I'm excited to have a party!  We finally get to celebrate the fact the football season is over! Right?  It's that was Superbowl is about???  {all you die hard football fans, I'm just kidding - please don't hate me}

Seriously though, Superbowl is always a fun time.  We have friends over, make some yummy food and enjoy a good game.
I thought I'd share a little spread we did a few years back.  

Easy and delicious finger foods... perfect for the 3-4 hr game!
Everything was really easy and inexpensive to make.  Plus I could make most of it ahead of time and just pop what we needed in the oven and keep the rest in the fridge, until we ran out.

At every party, I always have the staple items: Chips, Salsa, Guac and my Chili Cheese Dip

I apologize for the bad photo... the dip should have been stirred up first, but I was taking my photos quickly... I had a bunch of hungry boys standing over the table patiently waiting for me to be done.  My sweet husband has learned to warn people, "Don't touch anything until she takes her pictures, no matter how hungry you are!"

GUAC & CHILI CHEESE DIP
CHILI CHEESE DIP:
1 Can Hormel chili - NO BEANS
8oz bag of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
8oz Cream Cheese
8oz Salsa

Mix all ingredients and heat up in microwave until everything is melted and heated through.

I usually melt in this order.  1. Mix & heat cream cheese and shredded cheese until partially melted 2. Add Chili, mix & heat 3. Add Salsa, mix and heat.  It usually takes about 5-7 min in the microwave.  Make sure to stop and mix frequently. 

I also always have a Fruit Platter
This time I added some Salami, Cheese & Crackers

PIZZA ROLL UPS

PIZZA ROLL UPS:
Crescent Rolls
String Cheese
Pepperoni
Marinara and/or Ranch

Place 1/2 the cheese stick and some cut up pepperoni inside the crescent dough, roll up and bake.  Get full Recipe HERE

MINI MEATBALL SUBS


MINI MEATBALL SUBS:
Frozen Meatballs {or make your own... I wanted quick & easy}
Small Sandwich Rolls
Provolone {or any cheese you'd prefer}
Marinara sauce

Cook meatballs per instructions, {I warmed mine up in Marinara sauce}, then place 1/2 slice of provolone in bottom of roll, place meatballs {2-3 depending on size} on top of cheese, then put remaining 1/2 slice of provolone on top.  Place under broiler until the cheese is melted {about 1-2min}
** each oven is different, so WATCH your rolls, the cheese will melt fast!  Don't let your buns get burnt**

PIGS IN A BLANKET
PIGS IN A BLANKET:
Crescent Rolls
Mini/Cocktail Wieners
Ketchup and/or Mustard

Place the mini wiener inside the crescent dough, roll up and bake!

Last but not least - Peanut Butter Cookies!
We always have cookies in the house... I think I'm the original cookie monster! hehe

Hope you found a few yummy recipes to add to your Superbowl party!

GO CHARGERS!! 
Oh yea, they lost in the playoffs.... bummer
guess I'm rooting for the Seattle Broncos!
hehe

(to see where I've linked up - click here!!)

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...